Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Studies as Always...


 Facial Plane Study



Title:  Facial Plane Study
Date: December 17, 2012
Medium: Photoshop

Notes:  This was an attempt to take things that I learned from this semester and start to apply it to all my outside work. I think this is turning out pretty well so far... I might keep going, I might start a new one. Who knows? Either way, I think this method works interestingly, plus I finally get to bring back my contour drawing. YAY!!


 Grid Reproduction


Title:  Grid Reproduction
Date: November 12 - 19, 2012
Medium: Black Ink and Stick, White Acrylic
Scale: 22" x 30"

Notes:  Firstly, we had to create one mark (in my case it was that cross pattern) and then lay in highlights and low-lights according that that single mark. Secondly, we had to use a master (in this case William Whitaker) and try to reproduce it according to a grid. It is extremely difficult at times to FORCE a piece to work on a grid, but this was my finished result.


Applied Cezanne Study


Title:  Applied Cezanne Study
Date: December 3, 2012
Medium: Charcoal, Chalk, White Acrylic
Scale: 22" x 30"

Notes:  Working from observation, I was to create a piece that emphasized the light and shadow according to how Cezanne would have. Very loose gestural line-marks, large strokes, and paying close attention to the structure were of the greatest import during this piece. I am glad that my subject was so willing to sit there during the creation of this (Thank you madam!!!).



This and many more on mah blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment